Ready for the weekend? I have a new drink recipe for you! One of the activities that I have taken up during COVID-19 is to experiment with different drink recipes. You can check out my post 5 DIY Sustainable Activities/Projects to do during Corona to see more recommendations of things you can do that are good for you and the environment.
This is my new favorite drink. It’s very simple and the main mixer can be made in bulk. I have an herb garden so rosemary wasn’t too difficult for me to get, but I can understand that for most people this will be the most difficult ingredient to obtain. Otherwise it’s super easy!
This recipe has 5 ingredients. Gin, Sugar, Water, Rosemary, and Ice (technically water, but if you want a cold drink it’s necessary).
- Rosemary, 2 springs about 2 inches in length
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz of Gin per drink
- Ice (however much you want)
- Strip the rosemary from the stem and roughly chop the leaves.
- Boil water, sugar, and rosemary together to create rosemary infused simple syrup. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup as a faint green color. About 5-7 minutes.
- Let cool completely and strain the leftover rosemary pieces and discard. This syrup should be enough to make 8-10 drinks.
- To make the drink you combine 2 oz of gin with 1 oz of rosemary simple syrup. Pour both over ice, stir with a spoon, and enjoy!
Super simple and delicious! Happy Drinking
If you liked this post, follow me here for additional content: